Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Every day is a good day

I start my day at 06:00am every day, eyes waving heavy and I can barely step out of my bed in one piece, I decide to press the snooze button and continue my snooze just for the next five minutes, 35 minutes later I realized I overslept and jumped out of bed. (great way to start my day)

My heart out of my chest I keep telling myself I cannot be late for work as this is my first week and I don’t want to make a bad impression. This is the time where I learned that I could actually multi-task (my boyfriend was wrong) I was able to get dressed and eat my porridge in the nick of time. Brushing my teeth I ran out to ask a neighbor if I could get a lift to the station – just making the train I jumped in and kept tight to a stranger’s bag strap, while gasping for air. Moments like these I swear I would start working out so that I don’t break out a sweat by just walking up the stairs, it’s embarrassing.

Alright, I’m on my way to work and just made it on time, its 09:00am on the dot! Warbling into the office after such a run I sat down and took a moments breath, I couldn't’t believe this is basically what work is all about, rushing, getting things done, leaving home before sun – up and returning after sun – down. I couldn't’t believe this is exactly what I got myself into by agreeing to a position. Leaning back I looked at the message on the wall of my office, a weird smiley face that I drew on a piece of paper a day back with a highlighter which reminded me that although all the bad may come, by having a smile on my face it really cant be as bad as i make it out to be and on that note i told myself – today is going to be a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Really nice blog girl, I enjoyed reading it

    ReplyDelete
  2. long blog,
    nice and structured.
    A positive minds is a postivie attitude.

    ReplyDelete